Wow. Already a month of having two kids, and they are both still alive. We have survived it. This past month has been hard. A lot of transitioning for all of us. Jacob has become aware that we have to take care of a baby and he sometimes will have to wait his turn. Brentley is healthy and is eating well and sleeping a good amount. I'm getting at least a solid 3 hour stint of sleep at night. He usually sleeps for 3 hours, wakes up to eat and then sleeps for another 3 hours. Shaun had to go to Singapore for work this past Friday and we are all missing him. It was nice that he was waking up with Jacob at 6:45 am and letting me sleep in until 8 or 9 am. He was also taking care of Jacob at night and giving him a bath and putting him in bed, so it's been hard for me to have to do everything. I'm getting a routine going and finding time to get things done around the house. Like now, it's 9:30pm and the boys are both asleep so I'm able to update the blog finally. Brentley still has the cutest, longest blonde hair. I love it. I looked at pictures of Jacob last night at this age and he hardly had any hair. He is already filling out size 1 diapers. I may have to go and buy 2's next time. And he is snug in his 0-3 month clothes. I can't put him in the newborn stuff anymore. He's too long, and his feet don't fit in the little sleepers for that size. I need to weigh him but I'm sure he's got to be 12 lbs or more.
As far as eating goes, right now I'm feeding him about every two hours when I wake him up during the day so he's been nursing about 9-10 times a day. He has been a little congested this past week so I've had to use nasal drops and the little suction on him, which he totally hates. Poor baby.
Only 6 days old
Getting his first bath at home...I have a video, but it won't upload right now. Boo!
Fresh and clean and ready for another nappy-poo
Brentley's favorite way to sleep downstairs - in the boppy
Or one day he actually fell asleep in the swing. Too cute.
A little upset about tummy time. But man, this kid is strong. He can hold up his head forever!
A meltdown around dinner time. This is the hardest time for me to juggle the two boys.
Taking a nap with me while Jacob is asleep too.
I love this picture. Jacob is constantly coming over to me while I'm holding Brentley and snuggles then kisses his head and walks away.
Hanging out with me at night while Shaun was upstairs getting Jacob ready for bed.
I love this face. Cute.
Sometimes I gotta just put him on and he will calm down and fall right asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment