I've always wanted to go to a MLB game. Sort of on my bucket list. So, the boys are old enough now to understand that there's a game called baseball out there and we thought we would drive up to Seattle and take them to a real game.
We went to a sort-of matinee game on a Wednesday at noon. I bought us all Mariners shirts for the occasion and a hat or two as well.
It was a beautiful day out, and Shaun got the day off. So, we left here in the morning, drove 2 hours North, and then got to the game a little before it started.
 |
| I drove so Shaun could work |
We found our seats and first thing I thought was,"I hope that a foul ball doesn't come at us and hit me or the kids in the face." Fifth row back from the field between first base and right field. Pretty nice seats, and in the sun even. Bad news is, we found our seats and sat down...then literally one minute later I heard Brentley say,"Want to go home. Want to leave." I had to laugh. It was close to the time he normally takes a nap, but he just got out of a car seat after sitting in it a while. Then they started complaining they were hungry. So, pretty much, I didn't see any of the first four innings because I was running back and forth and getting everyone food and drinks and taking kids potty, etc. We did get to have the typical baseball meal of hot dog, pizza, big pretzel, peanuts and soda.
Then they just wanted to go walk, so we walked over to the kids playground (that was a nice surprise) and let them play until the game was over. All in all, I can say I went to a baseball game, but I can't really say I paid attention or got into the spirit. I was too busy making sure my boys didn't flip out. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment